Name:
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India

Friday, July 18, 2008

Dad knows best........

My dad was after me when i was growing up(still is at times) to religiously read the newspaper daily.....................i am sure your father would also be after you on this issue.....

Yesterday for the 'n' th time in my life, i realised he was & is always right.......

Read an article where the Chief Minister of a state that had witnessed a recent & unnecessary tirade against N-Indians, declaring that he is behind the cause of reservation for the 'SONS OF THE SOIL' , but was against the methods used by a small regional party.

I could not have agreed more with my father, that reading the paper daily is important. I woke up to a reality, a reality of how unprepared our countrymen are for Globalisation.
Imagine, with a few lakh North Indians coming to a state, the sons of the soil feel threatened, what would happen if at WTO this year, it is agreed to open under developed & developing markets to goods from developed countries, without any restrictions. What will happen to these sons of the soil is unimaginable.......

I wonder what i would buy:
A battery costing Rs 7 a piece or one costing Rs 3????

A bike worth Rs 15000 or a bike worth Rs 25000?????

the list can go on & on, and i have not even mentioned agricultural or processed goods.........

I am sure our country will be flooded with food products & canned foods that are even cheaper than our food grains....


It scares me.............to think of these sons of the soil..........

Instead of fighting amongst ourselves, we should unite & fight this trend, or witness colonialism of another form.

JAI HIND!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home